Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Little Red Dress


Currently I'm obsessing over a little red dress (LRD) that I recently purchased from Ann Taylor Loft on clearance...approximately $24 to be exact! Sure we hear all about the glory of the little black dress; or LBD as it is commonly referred to in the fashion world. But, what about the LRD? I was willing to take on the challenge.

After bringing my new purchase home, I hung in neatly in my closet and began to wonder just how I would attempt to accessorize it. After much contemplation, I realized that the LRD isn't that hard to dress at all. After all, it is a primary color. I chose to view it as a neutral, just as I would black, and began to put my expertise into action.



  1. My first choice was to give it an equestrian feel, Ala Ralph Lauren. A silk equestrian scarf tied around the neck, gold bangles, gold with rhinestone stud earrings, Ralph Lauren riding boots and to give the look a little sex appeal...a great pair of champagne colored fishnet hosiery. I love mixing sexy with outdoors.

  2. The next look is more demure: Fishnet hosiery, pearl and black onyx necklace, a lovely chain belt with a decorative rhinestone flower; and a pair of black patent peep-toe slingbacks.

  3. To give my LRD a little retro feel, I decided to leave its funnel neckline alone. Instead, I chose to decorate the dress with a silk champagne colored flower pin, a chunky red bobble bracelet; and my leopard sandals that wrap around my ankle. Meow.

When building my wardrobe, my general rule of thumb is to buy an item only when it will coordinate with three things in my existing wardrobe. I believe my LRD made the count!


The next time you're in the mood for a little color, don't be afraid of RED...it's hot, sexy and quite adventurous.


Happy Shopping!


No comments: